The Long Forgotten English Dub was a dub by Harmony Gold USA that attempted to bring Dr. Slump & Arale-Chan to English speaking countries in 1984. They changed the title to Dr. Slump Show, edited scenes, and renamed every character except Arale. They showed a trailer of the dub, but it was never picked up. Harmony Gold also dubbed the first five episodes of Dragon Ball, along with the 1st and 3rd film, the latter of which, Mystical Adventure, incorporated material from Dr. Slump in its story. Arale was voiced by Cheryl Chase in this dub.
- Penguin Village's name was kept intact, but was renamed Happy Valley in their dub of Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure.
- Senbei Norimaki was only referred to as his nickname Dr. Slump
- Akane was changed to Sandy
- Taro was changed to Butch
- Peasuke was changed to Buddy
- Aoi was changed to Lois
- Midori Yamabuki was changed to Tammy Lafox
|Dr. Slump franchise|
|Manga||Dr. Slump • The Brief Return of Dr. Slump • Dr. Mashirito and Abale-chan|
|Anime||Dr. Slump and Arale-chan • Dr. Slump (remake)|
|Related Manga||Mysterious Rain Jack • Wonder Island • Today's Highlight Island • Tomato, Girl Detective • Pola & Roid • Pink • Dragon Ball • Hetappi Manga Kenkyūjo • Rocky • Oishii Shima no Ū-sama|
|Other||Slump Box • Harmony Gold Dub • Fansubs|