The Long Forgotten English Dub was a dub by Harmony Gold USA that attempted to bring Dr. Slump & Arale-Chan to English speaking countries in 1984. They changed the title to Dr. Slump Show, edited scenes, and renamed every character except Arale. They showed a trailer of the dub, but it was never picked up. Harmony Gold also dubbed the first five episodes of Dragon Ball, along with the 1st and 3rd film, the latter of which, Mystical Adventure, incorporated material from Dr. Slump in its story. Arale was voiced by Cheryl Chase in this dub.
- Penguin Village's name was kept intact, but was renamed Happy Valley in their dub of Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure.
- Senbei Norimaki was only referred to as his nickname Dr. Slump
- Akane was changed to Sandy
- Taro was changed to Butch
- Peasuke was changed to Buddy
- Aoi was changed to Lois
- Midori Yamabuki was changed to Tammy Lafox
- "Arale is Born!!" title card is cut out.
- Mr. Pig talks directly to the audience, welcoming them to the "Dr. Slump Show" and introduces Senbei as "the one and only, Dr. Slump".
- A location shot of the Norimaki Residence is rather poorly jump-cut, likely due to the mailbox having Japanese kanji.
- Senbei makes a callout to Frankenstein while basking in his genius.
- Arale getting her eyes tested and receiving her glasses is cut entirely.
- Senbei leaving and going to the The Store is cut entirely.
- Another shot of the Norimaki Residence when Arale and Senbei go outside is cut.
- When Aoi asks for Arale's name, Senbei tells Arale that her name will come to her instead of stuttering the name out.
- The eyecatcher is cut.
- Arale and Senbei putting on their pajamas to go to bed is cut.
- Mr. Pig drives around advertising a "fire sale store" .
- Arale supposedly feeds Senbei red pepper soaked in tabasco sauce to wake him up instead of a grenade.
- A location shot of the principal's office in Penguin Village Middle School is cut (the sign is Japanese kanji).
- A location shot of a classroom sign is cut (the sign is Japanese Kanji).
- Midori introducing Arale to the class is cut entirely.
- Arale meeting Akane is cut entirely.
- Arale solving math problems is cut entirely.
- A location shot of the classroom sign for the science lab is cut (the sign is Japanese Kanji).
- Taro and Peasuke getting a drink from the juice dispenser is cut entirely.
|Dr. Slump franchise|
|Manga||Dr. Slump • The Brief Return of Dr. Slump • Dr. Mashirito and Abale-chan|
|Anime||Dr. Slump Arale-chan • Dr. Slump (1997 anime)|
|Related Manga||Mysterious Rain Jack • Wonder Island • Today's Highlight Island • Tomato, Girl Detective • Pola & Roid • Pink • Dragon Ball • Hetappi Manga Kenkyūjo • Rocky • Oishii Shima no Ū-sama|
|Other||Slump Box • Harmony Gold Dub • Fansubs|